Engineering Manager - International & Canada Team* (Charlotte,NC)
Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 80 million US members and are now taking aim internationally. In just 12 months, we’ve grown Credit Karma in Canada to be that country's #1 destination for free credit scores and reports, and we’re just getting started.
Your role will be to lead our engineering team in Charlotte as we work on new and exciting initiatives to scale out internationally. If you have a technical background and are interested in the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit for engineering management at Credit Karma.
What will you do?
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders; help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our members.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to your teams.
- People care! 1:1s, growth and development, performance reviews, compensation, and supporting happy and effective engineering at CK.
- The cherry on top; along with people and technical leadership, you'll have the ability to balance hands-on contribution and program management for products your teams ship.
What’s great about it?
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people learn about credit and their personal finances.
- You’ll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, data science, and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What do we expect?
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor.
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization.
- Thoughtful empathy while constantly challenging our current processes.
- Influential communication skills which bring together product, engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment.
- Love of web and mobile products.
Back to top