Engineering Manager *
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for an engineering manager / lead to be a part of our leadership team. We’re working hard to bring credit knowledge to the masses so people can figure out how to put their best financial foot forward. If you have a technical background and are interested in all the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit for engineering management at Credit Karma.
What will you do?
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Management and be excited about product strategy.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- People care! One-on-ones, growth & development plans, performance feedback, compensation, and making sure your team is effective and happy.
- The cherry on top; in addition to people leadership you can focus on either hands-on technical contribution or program management for the efforts you own.
What’s great about it?
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people learn about credit.
- You’ll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What do we expect?
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- You aspire to do something great and want to grow into roles that have huge impact.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor.
- Empathetic while still being able to challenge that we are doing things right.
- Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical folks.
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment.
- A love of web and mobile products.
- You are happy to revolutionize the credit industry for the people.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Learn more about Credit Karma at creditkarma.com/careers
Back to top