Engineering Manager, Data Services
What will you do?
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Management - help shape product strategy and ship.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- People care! One on ones, growth & development plans, performance, compensation and making people effective and happy.
- The cherry on top; engineering managers usually add to people leadership either hands-on technical contribution or substantial program management for the product efforts they drive.
What’s data services?
- In the data services team you enable the core technology of Credit Karma. Data Engineering, Data Services, and Analytics / Data Sciences cooperate on efforts to make our users have the best experience possible. You work on the technology that provides API endpoints for data gathering efforts, process model execution, and interface with our offer recommendation system. You will leverage Scala, Akka, Kafka, PHP, BigQuery, Spark, and a bunch of other tools and services to make sure our customers can have real time feedback on their credit, accurate credit tips, and offers that will save them money, improve their credit, and make them happy and loyal.
What’s great about it?
- You’ll be knee deep in a good mission, helping people learn about credit.
- You’ll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges abound - such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What do we expect?
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor.
- Strong empathy while still being able to challenge that we are doing things right.
- Willing to lead initiatives and be a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical folks.
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment.
- Love of web and mobile products.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top