Director, Product Management
- London, United Kingdom
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The product management team at Credit Karma is the driving force to expand our service beyond credit and enabling our members to make progress across their financial life. Many of our team previously worked at startups or scaled environments, but joined to innovate at the scale of 100M+ members. As Director of Product for Credit Karma U.K. & Canada, your role will be the driving force to expanding our services throughout the British and Canadian markets, spearheading game-changing member experiences, and setting the tempo for the overall team.
What you’ll do:
- As a player/coach, you will personally own the execution of key product areas for Credit Karma U.K. and Canada (including growth, core and monetisation) while driving the product team across core business growth and strategic bets
- Lead the efforts to develop clear strategy and compelling product requirements / user stories for new initiatives as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact
- Drive a fast-paced, experimentation-led and data-driven culture for the team
- Coach product and design team-mates and help them unlock their growth potential
- Partner closely with the GM, Head of Engineering, cross-functional leads as well as external partners to define differentiated product roadmaps for the U.K. and Canadian businesses and successfully execute on them
- Demonstrate excellence in partnership, communication, distilling requirements, and prioritization with cross-functional teams
What’s great about the role:
- Join an experienced team of talented product managers, designers, engineers, and operation specialists all working towards the common goal of building great consumer financial products in the U.K. and Canada
- Build something that has the potential to positively affect millions of people
- Help us accelerate our growth into new markets, financial product verticals and lines of business
- This role brings the best of both worlds: the experience of growing early-stage products and businesses with the support of a successful later-stage internet company
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 7+ years of product management experience.
- BA/BS Degree in a business related field
- 10 years of professional experience in product management with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading technically challenging projects
- Experience or knowledge of fintech (payments), ecommerce or neo-banking
- Experience operating web-scale consumer products in rapidly-evolving regulatory environments
- Comfortable working within legal, ethical, and policy constraints as well as user constraints
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to roll-up sleeves and deep-dive into systems/ platforms to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products on time
- Mastery of working in a scaled environment in previous environments
- Experience in creating, executing, and delivering against a product roadmap driving significant business and consumer impact
- Proven ability to work and communicate cross-functionally; collaborate & influence as part of a team both internally and externally with partners
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
Back to top