Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
We’re seeking an analytically grounded business leader to build and manage a pricing function within the organization. In this role, you will own the strategy that we will use to set prices for our advertising inventory. You’ll focus initially on our legacy product, Credit Cards, and then scale your team to other fast-growing verticals within Credit Karma (Personal Loans, Auto Loans, Mortgages). This role has high-visibility to senior leadership and will contribute meaningfully to the growth of our business and the health of our relationships with our advertising partners.
You’ll report to our Vice President of Partner Analytics and Pricing, and collaborate closely with the GMs of our verticals, our CFO, and other senior leaders across the organization. You’ll also identify and secure resources you’ll need to make this new function best-in-class, all while aligning with Credit Karma’s mission-driven culture.
What You'll Do:
- Building a high-profile, high-impact function from the ground up
- Leveraging internal and external data to build a pricing framework that’s scalable to all of our businesses
- Thoughtfully considering our advertising partners’ needs, so that our pricing framework is sustainable and leads to successful outcomes for our partners and Credit Karma over the long term
- Working cross-functionally across departments with the company’s most senior leaders
- Improving business outcomes and identify opportunities for growth or improvement
- Synthesizing complex ideas to senior audiences and translating directional feedback from internal and external executives into tangible next steps and outputs
What We Expect:
- Master's degree in highly quantitative field (applied math, statistics, econometrics, engineering)
- 8+ years relevant work experience at a consumer lending organization
- Experience building and mentoring high performing analytics teams & proficient in pulling and manipulating data yourself with tools like SQL, R, SAS, Big Query and Python
- Intellectually curious, almost to a fault. You seek to deeply understand businesses and processes through thoughtful data and market analysis, enhanced by gathering context across the organization from key stakeholders
- Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications
- Extensive experience building out pricing framework and strategies, with a proven track record from other data-rich business environments
- Fluency with building lifetime value models within a credit card or lending institution
- Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution
Back to top