Director of Engineering, SRE
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for a leader of Cloud Engineering, that will form teams that are passionate about scaling infrastructure, reducing technical debt, and continually improving the security posture.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization to provide resilient production services
- Grow diverse engineering teams with a strong passion to learn
- Drive innovative high availability (HA) technologies, features, tools in cloud environments to support business service level objectives (SLO)
- Ability to instill a customer focused attitude to the engineering organization by deploying software that aligns with the requirements to operate a service
- Build strategy and Influence on adoption of cloud services and multi region environments
- Strong people management skills and experience growing highly effective managers to senior manager level
- Ability to lead a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
What we are looking for:
- You currently play a technical leadership role within a Site Reliability or Infrastructure Engineer organization
- You possess at least 7 years experience working in a leadership capacity with a minimum 5 years of hands on experience and 2+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure with at least one provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Led an infrastructure as code, containerization, and orchestration tooling transformation across an organization
- Understanding of container and orchestration technologies (kubernetes)
- Deep knowledge on crafting and operating secure environments.
- You demonstrate a confirmed ability to successfully lead a 24/7 internet product, running both performance and uptime
- Shown experience with building fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
- Shown team development with experience successfully mentoring and managing managers and individuals to achieve goals
- Strong communication, problem solving, and attention to detail skills
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or BS in CS plus meaningful job-related experience
- You are self-propelled and passionate about learning! We love to collaborate and learn from each other
Additional experience you bring:
- Experience leading distributed teams is a bonus
- FinTech experience or background in a startup environment is a huge plus
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Back to top