Director, Financial Systems
Credit Karma is looking for an experienced Director of Financial Systems. Your primary responsibility will be managing and developing the company’s financial systems and controls to support business and internal and external reporting requirements. You will be working closely with the Information Technology, Human Resources and Finance Teams to execute and implement on best practices and controls. This position oversees the long and short term strategies as well as the ongoing day-to- day activities related to the software development and technology of our platforms that support back office functions. This includes our general ledger, FP&A system, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, procurement, employee expense reimbursement, customer and supplier life cycle management processes.
What the Job Entails
- Build and ensure seamless integration of the operating and financial systems.
- Manages infrastructure development and participate in strategic planning.
- Implement and manage suite of applications (general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing, inventory, fixed assets, etc.).
- Implement and manage domestic functional currency translation and revaluation within the systems.
- Ensure accurate reporting from financial systems.
- Work with finance and operating teams to support the needs of all financial system users.
- Support end users with day-to-day issues/concerns and communicate best practices on system use.
- Work with IT and Development teams to manage the development of infrastructure to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Partnering with the functional owner and business users of the applications to develop long term strategies to meet the business needs
- Serve as contact between IT / Development and the Accounting department.
- Support of FP&A and the implementation and maintenance of relevant budgeting/forecasting systems.
- Assists in the coordination of financial system software installation, upgrade and testing.
- Knowledge of standard project management and milestone based task management.
- Ability to work in a multi-project environment and support multiple internal customers.
- Knowledge of industry best practice approaches and standards.
- Willingness to learn and support new application modules and technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and/or Computer Information Systems
- 7+ years in proven IT Leadership Roles of increasing responsibility
- 3+ years of experience implementing and/or supporting various finance platforms modules
- Familiarity with accounting principles and data base applications
- Understanding of equipment setup, diagnostic, repair and maintenance
- Working knowledge of control requirements
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and willing to work in a high paced evolving environment
Back to top