Designer (Contractor) - Culver City, CA
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The Design Team plays a pivotal role in our mission by inspiring our members to engage with their finances in new and interesting ways.
Are you a rockstar designer? Do you love supporting brand through visual identity, experience and design? Are you one step ahead of the ever-changing digital marketing landscape? As a Designer, you will be part of a team of Copywriters, Art Directors, Strategists and Marketers making best in class designs for various campaigns.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Design innovative, engaging and high-performing digital marketing for an array of channels including landing pages, emails, social, display networks, and video
- Work closely with writers, art directors and strategists to create ideas and experiences that inspire financial progress for allFind new and unique ways to use our design guidelines, while ensuring creative is consistent with our visual identity, industry best practices and our company’s brand positioningIncorporate user experience best practices in all digital marketing
- Comfortably vocalize ideas and process behind each ideaManage and prioritize multiple projects from concept to completion
What's great about it:
- Supporting a positive mission to champion financial progress for all
- Have pride in your designs knowing it is directly contributing to the momentum of the company and mission
- Work with a talented and positive creative team
- Stay on top of the latest and greatest industry standards
What we expect:
- A 4-year degree in Design2+ years design experience in-house and/or agency
- A strong, diverse portfolio of work demonstrating conceptual ideas, brand-oriented marketing campaigns, process and solutions
- Strong practice of graphic design principles
- Knowledge of current digital marketing best practices, including experience, responsive design and performance
- Proficiency in Sketch and Illustrator (AE/PS a plus)
- Strong ability to collaborate across all levels and disciplines
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize effectivelyA positive attitude with a solution-driven mindset
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top