Credit Cards Director, Strategy & Planning
The Strategy & Planning team supports Credit Karma’s leadership on key strategic initiatives. The team focuses on evaluating strategic opportunities, leading cross-functional teams to prototype and launch early stage ideas, ensuring cross-functional alignment and providing business insights through analytics.
In this role, you will partner across our Credit Card vertical to develop the near and long-term strategic roadmap including the prioritization process and trade-off implications. Working closely with our business development team, you will develop partner level strategies by understanding our partners’ priorities and identifying ways to deepen our relationships through our existing business as well as new opportunities. You will also work cross-functionally with product, business development, marketing, finance and revenue analytics teams to identify and tackle the most complex strategic opportunities and challenges for the vertical. Through your efforts, you will be helping make financial progress possible for Credit Karma's more than 60 million members.
You are or will quickly become the subject matter expert in the Credit Cards industry and be a leader who brings vision to the Strategy and Planning team. You are grounded in data and draw insight from analysis to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations which you can persuasively communicate at an executive level to lead decision-making. You are a proven leader with sound business judgment, management, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills, and you are known to drive implementation. And most importantly you are an enthusiastic team player.
What The Job Entails
- Generate insights and analysis on key strategic questions facing the company and collaborate with senior leaders to drive recommendations and discussions
- Be a thought leader – think outside the box and challenge others to do the same
- Be the subject matter expert on all things related to the industry we operate in including competitive landscape, M&A activity, trends, regulatory hurdles, etc.
- Build, maintain, and communicate revenue performance reporting including key metrics, key drivers of performance and trends, and issues based on historical data
- Create analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to optimize revenue and operations for the company
- Be a critical partner to the Business Development team across all verticals (Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Auto Loans, Auto Insurance, etc.) by providing strategic and analytical support to onboard new partners and enhance existing partnerships
- Support quarterly business review process with key partners by bringing together Credit Karma value proposition, external industry knowledge and partners specific needs to develop the narrative
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Strong emerging end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, e.g., defining and deconstructing problems, prioritizing issues and supporting analysis, structuring and building quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses, and executing analyses and identifying implications and “so whats” of data and analysis with the team
- Performing competitor/industry research leveraging both public and non-public sources
- Ambitious, go-getter, and results-oriented. Willing to roll-up sleeves and dive into data
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences
- Track record of thought leadership in applying data driven models that have had a tangible impact on revenue and business growth
- Deep experience with credit card or lending industry and business model
- MBA or advanced degree in quantitative field
- 10+ years of investment banking / finance / consulting / strategic analytics or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools
- Strong SQL skills (BigQuery experience a plus)
Back to top