Credit Karma is looking for a copywriter to join our small but mighty team. We’re all about making the Credit Karma brand helpful, transparent and, most of all, human. If you’re a human who also likes to write copy, you already have two points in your favor.
What You’ll Do:
- Write copy for marketing and engagement campaigns, like emails to our members, Facebook ads and branding materials.
- Ensure the company’s voice is used consistently across all channels.
- Cut the jargon! Find ways to make credit and finance easier to understand.
- Work with our legal team to ensure copy doesn’t say anything too outrageous.
- Help keep the Credit Karma style guide and other communication guidelines up to date.
- Come to terms with the fact that we don’t use the Oxford comma.
What’s Great About It:
- You’ll get to work with a bunch of different teams and have your hand in a lot of different projects.
- You’ll get to flex your creative muscles and be the voice of Credit Karma.
- You’ll be on an awesome team of grammar nerds and word lovers.
- We like collaborating! Can’t think of the right way to say something? Someone on the team will happily help out.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
What We Expect:
- 2-8 years of copywriting experience
- Extra points if you’ve worked in a heavily regulated industry
- A college degree that in some way relates to writing
- The standards: attention to detail, motivation, good attitude
- A strong grasp of English grammar that’s balanced by an even stronger grasp of how people actually talk (experience with AP a plus)
- The ability to prioritize and then re-prioritize as needs change
- A love of cheese is a bonus. An intolerance of cheesiness is a double bonus.
Back to top