The Corporate Controller is a self-motivated, independent financial leader that ensures the company’s finance and accounting function will scale and support the company’s rapid growth. The Controller can motivate not only their team but also the entire organization to instill a culture of sound financial management. This person must be comfortable in a start-up environment, who is analytical, detail-oriented, and able to develop both month-end financials and long-range business plans.
This high visibility position reports to the VP, Finance and is responsible for leading the accounting, tax, and financial reporting activities and will implement the procedures, processes and systems to enable us to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as we scale.
What the Job Entails
- Partner with the senior management to build financial discipline throughout the organization and enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals
- Manage accounting operations, tax, and financial reporting; direct the daily activities for GL, AP, AR/Collections, revenue, commissions, payroll, and equity administration
- Lead annual financial audits and quarterly reviews, build strong auditor relationships, and partner internally to support operational and compliance programs
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the Finance organization
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting, partner internally to prepare materials for board meetings, investor presentations and industry trade shows
- Implement effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Support corporate transactions including equity or debt financing, M&A, and IPO preparations.
- Build and manage a high performance team, actively participate in building a culture that is customer-focused and team-oriented
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10 plus years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience at both a major public accounting firm and one or more public technology companies
- Have significant industry experience in consumer internet, software/SAAS, fintech, or related technology fields
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting
- Experience with M&A support and IPO process
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong experience with Excel and related tools, exposure to FP&A is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Track record of building and developing high performance accounting teams in a fast paced organization
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance is preferred
- Experience taking private company through IPO or acquisition into a public company a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA a must
Back to top