Contract Third Party Risk Analyst
What the Job entails
- Partner with business owners to help them onboard and manage their third party relationships.
- Issue and manage the completion of due diligence questionnaires with vendors; coordinate due diligence review with relevant stakeholder groups; follow up with third parties on remediation activities and periodically re-validate the compliance of a third party.
- Coordinate with risk stakeholders (Security, Legal, Finance, etc) to assess risks and develop action plans for identified risks. Facilitate sessions with risk stakeholders and business owners to finalize risk ratings. Ensure action items taken to address the findings are effective to prevent repeat findings.
- Manage and maintain the third party GRC system; apply updates on a frequent basis; ensure accuracy of data records; oversee workflow and ensure automated assessments are being executed in a timely manner.
- Conduct due diligence of third parties to evaluate whether third parties have effective internal controls in place.
- Educate business lines on the third party risk process and manage expectations around SLAs and deliverables. Conduct formal training for internal personnel and external third parties
- Act as the Third Party Risk SME, responding to inquiries from Partners. Gather information from various internal business partners, as necessary, to respond to inquiries. Develop a knowledge base repository for use by various team members and SMEs to facilitate these activities.
- Oversee the execution of third party risk management standards and procedures; develop analysis and create metrics for reporting on third party health. Create training materials, develop presentations, edit policies and procedures, and create reports.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understands the service or product to be acquired; issue and manage the completion of due diligence questionnaires with vendors; Identifies improvement areas in the existing Third Party Risk Program and supporting stakeholder processes.
- Savvy with data; organizing content in a meaningful way to produce metrics and analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required in order to provide guidance, counseling, and direction. Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. A self-starter that has the ability to lead while working under time sensitive deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, including peers, management, clients, subordinates and business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience developing and delivering effective presentations to a diverse audience. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask. Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires 5-7 years related experience within Compliance or Risk Management, preferably in financial services or other highly regulated environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of Third Party Risk Management and relevant regulations (OCC 2013-10, FRB)
- Third Party Risk Management experience performing risk assessments strongly preferred
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top