Content Strategist / UX Writer
Credit Karma is looking for a content strategist (who can also write) to join our team. We’re all about making the Credit Karma brand helpful, transparent and, most of all, human. If you’re a human who also loves writing clear, concise copy, you already have two points in your favor.
What You’ll Do:
- Write copy for our site and app
- Work with our product marketing, UX, design and product teams to create user-focused positioning for new and existing products
- Identify opportunities to test copy and use research to understand what messages work with different audiences (and why)
- Cut the jargon! Find ways to make credit and finance easier to understand
- Ensure the Credit Karma voice always comes through
- Work with our legal team to ensure copy doesn’t say anything too outrageous
- Come to terms with the fact that we do not use the Oxford comma
What’s Great About It:
- You’ll get to work with a bunch of different teams and have your hand in a lot of different projects.
- You’ll get to figure out how to fit a complex thought into a handful of words.
- You’ll be on an awesome team of grammar nerds and word lovers.
- We like collaborating! Can’t think of the right way to say something? Someone on the team will happily help out.
What We Expect:
- 2-8 years of content strategy / UX writing experience
- Extra points if you’ve worked in a heavily regulated industry
- A college degree that in some way relates to writing
- The standards: attention to detail, motivation, good attitude, proactive
- A strong grasp of English grammar that’s balanced by an even stronger grasp of how people actually talk
- The ability to prioritize and then re-prioritize as needs change
- A love of cheese is a bonus. An intolerance of cheesiness is a double bonus.
Back to top