As Compliance Counsel, you will proactively assess legal risks and assist in the regulatory needs of our company. You will report to the Director, Legal, and work closely with other members of our legal team and management across the organization. This role requires a self-motivated and collaborative individual, who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What the Job Entails
- Managing cross-functional legal compliance efforts in the areas of consumer protection, consumer financial services regulations and data use and privacy.
- Supporting our business development team and other key stakeholders in structuring and executing innovative transactions.
- Advising our marketing and communications teams on legal and regulatory issues related to marketing materials and consumer education content.
- Staying up-to- date on and assessing business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements and developments.
- Assisting internal stakeholders with responses to external inquiries, including customer questions and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
- Innovating on ways to continue fostering a culture of compliance and learning, including supporting ongoing development of legal and regulatory trainings.
- Collaborating with the legal team and management as needed to address ad-hoc matters arising in other areas of law.
Our Ideal Candidate
- JD from top law school and excellent academic credentials.
- Member of the California Bar.
- At least six years of relevant consumer financial regulatory counseling expertise, including expertise in consumer finance and privacy regulations, such as the FCRA, TILA, RESPA, ECOA and GLBA.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Interest & knowledge of consumer services and current trends in the financial technology industry, including data innovation and privacy trends.
- Prior in-house experience not required.
Back to top