Business Development / Partnerships Manager, Home
- Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
A startup within a startup, the Home Team at Credit Karma is tackling the massive Home Buying and Financing challenge. Our mission is to bring transparency, speed, and consumer choice to the mortgage world by applying technology to an otherwise tech-unsavvy world.
As a Business Development Manager for Credit Karma’s Home vertical, you’ll take ownership for key relationships in one of Credit Karma’s fastest growing lines of business. You’ll develop strategic relationships with leading mortgage lenders, agents, insurance providers and more, and be the external face for Credit Karma’s efforts to empower consumers on the home financing journey. You’ll have a significant impact on company growth, and work with an amazing team in a member-oriented, mission-driven environment.
What you’ll do:
- Own and lead communications with key strategic partnerships to drive significant growth in the Home vertical.
- Creatively push the boundaries of the consumer experience in the Mortgage industry by identifying and executing complex integrations, and overseeing the end-to-end mortgage experience for Credit Karma members
- Execute cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Design and Marketing teams while multi-tasking various internal and external requests
- Identify, sell, and onboard new strategic partners to better serve our members and create new opportunities and revenue streams
- Leverage internal and external data to develop business recommendations that generate value for our partners and Credit Karma
- 3-5+ years of business experience, preferably in business development, partnerships, consulting or investment banking (MBA or related Master’s degree is preferred)
- Passion for building great products and advancing Credit Karma’s ambitious mission
- You have grit and do whatever it takes to get stuff done!
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - adept at analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in written form to be able to communicate ideas, negotiations and solutions with our strategic partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally and assert influence internally/externally
- Highly organized and detail-oriented -- able to independently develop, manage and implement solutions to complex/ambiguous problems
- Mortgage industry experience is a bonus, but not required
What’s great about the role:
- High impact, high visibility - Play a key role in guiding strategy for the Home vertical
- Work in a highly cross-functional, highly collaborative environment - you are the hub of many spokes and will work with a motivated and collaborative team!
- Use business acumen, analytical skills and relationship experience to market and execute complex initiatives with both new and existing partners
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
Back to top