Our reporters are expected to regularly find and contribute consumer-oriented pieces on a defined aspect of credit and debt management, including credit card products, issuer practices, credit scoring, credit reporting, the economy’s impact on credit practices, etc. Stories will vary in length, depth and turnaround time, but a home run for us is an in-depth piece that simultaneously breaks news, helps consumers, and uses the Web to its fullest potential. Over time, we expect our reporters to develop such expertise that their comments will be sought by other writers.
All applications should include links to writing samples.
- Strong reporting and writing skills, including speed, accuracy, the ability to spot trends, develop high-level sources.
- An understanding of personal finance issues, interest rates and the ability to translate them into everyday language for a consumer audience.
- Online experience at a site that uses the Web’s interactivity and multimedia presentation. Candidates with print-only experience will be considered, but only those who commit to quickly master new media techniques.
- A grasp of the basics of writing search engine-friendly copy and basic HTML, CMS experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university, or substantial journalism experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and active listening skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information is required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow-up on leads, stories and projects.
- Professional certifications, awards and affiliations are highly valued.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an initiative-taking attitude are most welcome. There are no set ways of doing things here; expect to create some.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of CreditCards.com's Employees
Rudy oversees a small team that analyzes consumer data to deliver useful information that allows consumers to select credit cards that are perfect for them.
Back to top