Organic search is a critical source of traffic and revenue. Maintaining and increasing our SERP rankings and developing other sources of natural traffic is a key objective at CreditCards.com. As such, we are seeking to hire a SEO Specialist to join our growing team. This is a full-time position based in Austin, Texas near the Arboretum. You will have an enormous impact on the success of our organization in this role!
Reporting to the SEO Manager, as our SEO Specialist you will be responsible for promoting our content, via social media and elsewhere, developing quality back-links to pages at our websites and performing basic SEO tasks.
About the Role
- Cultivate relationships and links from relevant and credible websites to targeted web pages within our website.
- Promote content created by the CreditCards.com editorial team.
- Identify individuals and websites that are both relevant and of high reputation.
- Employ multiple link-building strategies including posting thoughtful, well written comments within relevant blogs and promoting CreditCards.com content via social media.
- Review back-link patterns of competing sites to learn best practices and implement such practices where appropriate.
- Work with site to correct malformed links.
- Maintain logs of link building activities so as to track their success, or lack thereof.
- Link quality is highly valued – all cultivated links must be unpaid, non-rented and non-cloaked.
- This is an entry-level position, but if you're not familiar with terms like "anchor text" and "page rank" this isn't the job for you.
- Basic knowledge of social media
- Basic understanding of method by which search engines rank pages
- Basic understanding of credit and credit cards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Attention to detail critical. A sense of curiosity and humor are also desired.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Must possess a level of confidence and salesmanship.
CreditCards.com is the leading online marketplace for credit cards. For consumers, we serve as an information portal where they can search, compare, and apply for the credit card that best meets their needs. For credit card issuers, we serve as one of their largest online marketing channels. Based in Austin, Texas, we are a growing and award-winning company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc.
Meet Some of CreditCards.com's Employees
Senior Front End Engineer
Mitchell writes the code that runs CreditCards.com's various web properties, both the company's core site and the array of international and affiliated apps, ensuring the front-end presentation looks fresh and intuitive.
Back to top