Vehicle Entry Manager
Thisposition manages the overall operation and administration of all vehiclecheck-in and inspection (ECR) functions (Dealer, Commercial & Specialty).Key responsibilities include scheduling appropriate staffing to match the flowof incoming vehicles, facilitating training activities to assure timelydelivery of accurate, high quality vehicle data, condition information &digital imaging. The Vehicle Entry Manager communicates & coordinates withall auction support departments to assure timely delivery of data meeting bothManheim’s & the customers’ requirements.
- Directactivities of vehicle entry check-in function to ensure vehicles are recordedin AS400 properly and in a timely manner.
- Manageand direct the documentation of vehicle condition writing and condition reportand/or computer data entry.
- Maintainand develop vehicle entry check-in function staff and inspection function staffby recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and by providingeducational opportunities.
- Planand coordinate all skill-based training of inspector and check-in workforceincluding the Inspector Certification Program (ICP) in coordination with thenational trainer.
- Ensureemployees are given opportunity to advance their ICP levels as per the ICPGuidelines.
- Activelyengages all departments within the operating location and MI field managementto effectively ensure compliance of SLA Requirements and completion ofhigh-quality condition reports efficiently as possible.
- Plan,monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Monitorvehicle volume and trends and adjust schedule accordingly.
- Reviewand monitor policy loss from condition reports.
- Responsiblefor setting work schedules to match vehicle arrival flow trends
- Workwith vehicle entry check-in & inspections employees to provide qualityservice and product to customers in efforts to meet Manheim key performancetargets.
- Requisitionequipment, materials and supplies for the Vehicle Entry Dept. and overseemaintenance and protection of department equipment.
- Visiblydemonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures andmodeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market SafetyManager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Trainfor and obtain Inspector Manager Certification Program (IMCP) certification.
- Ensuresemployee compliance with auction and government work rules.
- Providemotivation while coaching and counseling employees.
- Counseland discipline employees as necessary.
- Analyze,compile, and conduct regularly scheduled performance reviews for onsiteemployees with input and assistance from the Operational Excellence supportmanagers.
- Completephysical audits as prescribed by Manheim Inspections QA Program. Reviewarbitration results to identify training and or counseling needs.
- Reviewvehicle condition reports and vehicles with customer / client representativesto provide for specific needs. Forward client specific requests that vary fromInSight ECR standards to Manheim Operational Excellence for review.
- PerformQuality Audits to Manheim QA program standards. Adhere to Manheim and NAAAstandards and policies.
- Reviewwork volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensureefficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; reviewdepartmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics anddevelop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectivelyleads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championingCox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforceall company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partnerwith various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety,Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes thatalign with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer serviceand support.
- Performother duties as assigned by management.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, and squat. Ability to lift 1-15pounds.
- Vision abilities required including close, distance and colorvision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimumof 1 year management experience
- Abilityto work as an effective member and leader of a team required.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Auction and/or vehicle registrationexperience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Good computer and software knowledge, (AS400 is essential)
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to prepare and present reports to senior management.
- General mechanical knowledge preferred.
- Effective problem solving and customer service skills.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderatenoise level.
The postingis intended to describe the general content of and requirements for theperformance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statementof duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top