User Interface Programmer, Platform
At Dealer.com, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
As a User Interface (UI) Programmer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will work with senior developers and technical leads to design and develop highly usable web based user interfaces. You will be an accomplished well-rounded user interface programmer, with a mastery use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks and a thorough understanding of the implication of
software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Participate in the design and development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
- Enhance the performance and reliability of our current web-based applications
- Collaborate with developer team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Knowledge of UI Concepts including application development using MVC architecture
- Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 2+ years front-end development experience
What We Look For:
- Knowledge of other languages/technologies such as Java, Groovy/Grails, etc.
- Experience with front-end build tools such as Grunt or Gulp
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Familiarity with developing across multiple devices/platforms and browsers
- Strong user experience and visual design skills
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast paced Agile (scrum) environment
- Good communication skills
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive Brand, provides market leading digital solutions for automotive retail including connected advertising, websites, and managed services. Through innovation and collaboration, our professionals develop state-of-the-art workflow solutions to automotive retail challenges.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top