Sr. Telehealth Territory Manager - Trapollo
The Trapollo Sr. Telehealth Territory Manager retains and grows valuable large healthcare accounts for Trapollo / Cox Business. Sells complex bundled telehealth managed services to include but not limited to: program design consulting, remote patient monitoring technology solutions, equipment managed logistics services, and patient monitoring & outreach services. Works with a Trapollo Solutions Team to document client requirements, and create solutions to meet customers’ clinical and support needs. Manages the sales process through to completion to ensure customer satisfaction, expand the customer base, and meet corporate/regional revenue goals. Maintains on-going relationships and retains assigned base of existing customers by minimizing controllable churn and renewing contracts for existing customers.
The position works independently in the field and will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). Overnight and air travel required periodically. Estimated overnight travel = 25-40% of total work time. Most time is spent on customer consultation, requirements and proposal development and contract acquisition. The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with requirements to grow revenue quickly. The telehealth sales executive will manage their own schedule. Regularly works outside normal business hours when necessary. Works on customers’ premises often when out of the office. Spends majority of the week out of the office and while at the Cox offices, works in a cubicle or office at a desk in a Cox facility. Role requires the perception that Cox a good place to work and that Cox is innovating and investing in solutions for the healthcare market
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include sales, account management, coordination, administration and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Generates new sales opportunities; identifies new prospects or new departments/divisions/branches of organizations that are already Cox Business or Trapollo Healthcare customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts.
- Calls on prospective customers to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appoint to discuss their telehealth needs, as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers to assess their telehealth needs and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Proactively manages the base of revenue by contacting customers prior to contract expiration for renewal and upsell.
- Develops strategies, proposal, and presentations to sell complex telehealth remote monitoring consulting and solutions to customers.
- Makes sales presentations to customer decision makers who represent new or incremental sales opportunities. Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Trapollo-Cox products & services and to educate and influence customers.
- Negotiates pricing and products with new and existing customers. Ensures that product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Serves as main point of contact and ensures customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. Develops future business opportunities and gains referrals. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of customers’ business, industry, and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; customers as required.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Trapollo-Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Trapollo-Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, trade shows, may serve as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local and regional healthcare related associations.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to the appropriate Trapollo resource if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. not in assigned segment, customer or prospect is part of a nationally managed account, etc).
- Works with Project Manager, Service Delivery, Solutions Architect and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet large/complex customer needs and address issues regarding implementation or operations.
- Works with the Trapollo Solutions Team to develop the ROI for prospects and incorporates the ROI financial projections into the Trapollo proposal.
- Works with Trapollo-Cox legal to negotiate and execute contracts.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose. Manages and maintains required pipeline, win/loss, and forecast data, and providing updates as required by management.
- Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Stays up-to-date on Trapollo and Cox’s products and services. Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Trapollo Cox and competitor telehealth services/solutions, 3rd party equipment, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience and education in healthcare field desired
- 5 years experience in a complex, large company sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with remote management and sales support resources
- Requires work experience using Windows-based PCs or Macintosh and Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Able to complete air travel and overnight stays for business meetings and events
- Excellent assingment management, relationship building, business advisory skills, business sales skills, written communication, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, results delivered, and sales disposition skills in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- 8 or more years of professional experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree such as an MBA
- 3 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling; and at least 2 years Cox company experience in the hiring region
- BS/BA strongly desired.
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts
- Knowledge of local and regional Cox organization and resources, especially as it relates to healthcare account coverage
- Consultative selling skills and experience
- Experience in team selling. Worked with sale engineers and solution architects to develop customer requirements and proposal responses
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Sterling-22977 Eaglewood Ct
Other Locations: Baltimore,US,MD,,21201
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top