Sr. Tax Specialist - Transactions Tax
Cox Enterprises is looking to hire a Sr. Tax Specialist (Transactions Tax). This role is responsible for transaction taxes compliance and audit support (sales/use tax and regulatory fees). It is also responsible for reconciling transaction taxes liability with general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, investigating and analyzing tax payments fluctuation, partnering with compliance service providers and responding to internal and external inquiries regarding Cox’s tax compliance issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate timely tax data gathering to provide to compliance service provider to use in preparation of tax returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings;
- Maintain tax records and information used in tax audits; Reconcile tax returns to payments and payments to GL;
- Gather information requested in audits of tax returns;
- Perform data analysis and supporting reverse audit projects to ensure refund opportunities;
- Resolve tax issues for internal and external clients;
- Execute on strategic initiative and have a strong ability to analyze data;
- Support exemption certificate requests for purchases made by Cox and affiliates;
- Research tax issues using various tools such as CCH, RIA, etc.;
- Assist in the research and analysis of proposed and existing business transactions to determine the effect upon local taxes;
- Monitor changes in law or regulations and other aspects of tax policy;
- Lead/assist in continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience required;
- Minimum 2 years of sales tax experience required;
- Ability to establish working relationships with key internal and external customers;
- Ability to process mass data;
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel), standard Corporate operating systems and applicable tax software applications;
- Proven ability to perform actions and make decisions with integrity and sound judgment; display the initiative and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Deadline driven with highest possible accuracy;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- CPA or CMI preferred;
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience and sales tax experience preferred;
- Telecommunication and/or Software as a Service experience is a strong plus;
- Proficiency in Vertex, Taxware (other tax software applications) strongly preferred.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company’s major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top