Sr Solutions Architect - Enterprise
The Sr. level Solutions Architect must be capable of leading through all architectural aspects of the most complex and visible technology initiatives. This individual must operate at a level that achieves confidence of internal executives, very strong respect among peers and implicit trust from internal customers to provide the best possible architectural solutions.
The Solutions Architect will work within the Enterprise Architecture practice to design systems that support the strategic initiatives and architecture standards of the enterprise. The person in this role is accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet the business requirements in support of a given initiative. The Solution Architect will be accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. project managers, business analysts, product managers, application architects, etc.) to create solutions that are aligned to ATC’s architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). Within the solution development lifecycle this role may also participate in solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case. They will provide consulting during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases, and may be reengaged to perform benefits realization. This role is applied through a balance of two distinct and complementary point of focus: solutions for new initiatives and enterprise technology strategy consistency.
For the initiative focus, the Solutions Architect is accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of the given initiative. The individual will provide direction for the use of information technology for new initiatives and will develop architecture models that will translate business requirements into solution designs and will bridge the gap between business analysis and solutions development. The Solutions Architect must evaluate requirements and produce high-level design deliverables that will enable project teams to build systems in keeping with the overall Enterprise Architecture strategy. The Solutions Architect will also assess and articulate the cost, agility and quality impacts associated with various approaches under consideration for the solution.
For the enterprise technology focus, the Solutions Architect will develop, maintain, communicate and promote the architectural standards, guidelines, and target architecture for the company, usually within the context of specific technology domains or portfolio areas. This individual will identify opportunities to make progress toward ATC’s enterprise architecture near-term and long-term goals. The Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring that any solutions delivered are robust, flexible, scalable, secure as well as being consistent with the architecture roadmap for the impacted domain. The person in this role is also responsible for maintaining the Business Architecture view for specific domains so-as to illuminate and manage technology costs and other key business success factors affected by technology within the domain.
In addition to the project and portfolio-oriented solutions architecture responsibilities described above, each architect is also responsible for supporting the overall Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice through participating in ATC EA community exercises, supporting tools & processes required for effective architecture consistency and promoting thoughtful systems designs geared for the greater good.
Optimal candidates for this role will thrive in the cross-section of three traditional skillsets: technical solutions architecture, business analysis, and relationship management.
- Develop solutions architecture to meet the technology needs of business initiatives
- Work with the business stakeholders to identify business opportunities and with key partners to develop initial business cases for potential solution development efforts
- Develop high level solution designs and conceptual architectures that address business, application, information and technology architectural domains
- Participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives
- Oversee and support Functional & Technical Requirements gathering for initiatives
- Participate in development of high-level estimates in support of business case development
- Create architecture specifications and other design artifacts representing the approach and effect of new proposed solutions
- Collaborate on analysis, design, development/procurement, testing, and deployment decisions with consulting and engineering teams to ensure the quality and consistency of the software.
- Partner with Enterprise Technical Architects and peer Solution Architects to identify and define Enterprise services and components required to support business solution development
- Work with other Solution Architects to maintain overall technology portfolio with supporting standards and guidelines
- Bring Enterprise Architecture knowledge into project teams while exposing project-related architectural issues to the architecture team. Provide educational/mentoring resources to technical teams.
- Define and evangelize best practice design and modeling methodologies
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities as required to support the company’s growth
- 5+ years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 5+ years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
- 5+ years experience in the design of multi-tiered technology architectures including all facets of design from business analysis to infrastructure sizing
- Experience with web applications, mobile applications, service oriented architecture, secure coding principles, BPM, event driven architectures strongly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative problem solving skills, ability to listen to and understand needs across diverse stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent experience
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Interpersonal Savvy/Effective Communications & Consensus Building
- Teamwork (Collaboration & Consensus Building)
- Customer Focus (strong drive toward customer-oriented service)
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving / Decision Quality
- Job Knowledge
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-MISSISSAUGA-2233 Argentia Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top