Sr Software Engineer RPG
Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently lookingfor a Sr. Software Engineer, withRPG experience tojoin our Engineering team in Sandy, Utah.
At Dealertrack, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead thedigital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineeringprofessionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class softwareplatform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into thefabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrumteams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism,creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The Sr.RPG Software Engineer will work to maintain and enhance existing applicationsas well as research and develop new solutions for business problems. Thesuccessful candidate will work with a team to analyze, code and test existingsoftware for our Dealer Management Solution.
In your role you will use your problem-solving skills to analyze and researchesindustry tools to discover ways to improve efficiency of applications andtechniques. The RPG Software Engineer will have experience with procedures,service programs, API calls, binding directories, and web technologies.
- Develops new software solutions for business problems
- Analyzes and researches industry tools and knowledge to discover ways to improve efficiency of applications and techniques
- Maintains existing applications including analysis, debugging, coding, testing, and documenting changes
- Attends meetings and administrative functions
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience
- 6 or more years related experience
- Demonstrated technical skills to maintain, enhance, and develop applications in RPGIV / ILE and CLLE
- Familiarity with iSeries DB2 databases, iSeries IFS, iSeries connectivity to PCs and networks
- Experience with Embedded SQL in RPGLE, prototypes and procedures, service programs, API calls, binding directories
- Must have working experience with MQ series communication
- Experience with .Net, RPG Open Access Handlers, web services, XML, AJAX, JSON and/or web applications is helpful
- Object oriented programming background with strong SQL experience preferred
- Familiarity with OEM payload build and transfer is a plus.
Who We Are + What We Do:
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealertrack is building a connected suiteof software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’sdigital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applicationsand financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shoppingfor a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-UT-South Jordan-10757 S River Front Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top