Sr Software Engineer (DevOps)
Dealertrack a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Sr. software engineer with 5+ years experience to join our Engineering team in Lake Success NY.
At Dealertrack, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems.
- Design and assist in the selection and implementation of DevOps tools that reliably manage application and environment delivery
- Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure
- Improve predictability and reliability of releases and deployments
- Reduce implementation windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment and zero downtime environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; preferably Computer Science major or related discipline.
- Experience using Git and deep knowledge of git branching workflow.
- Deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling
- Troubleshooting experience that spans networking, linux systems, and code
- Scripting experience in Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with other devops engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between the Engineering, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Result-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on multiple activities with speed and efficiency.
- Strong programming and scripting skills.
- Strong understanding of automated provisioning systems, build systems, and devops processes
- Ability to work collaboratively within high performance team environment.
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities.
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital® and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-Lake Success-1111 Marcus Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top