Sr Software Engineer
MakeMyDeal, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to lead and work well in an agile, dynamic, team oriented environment. To be successful in the role of Senior Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
Technology We Use:
- Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Actively participate in agile team activities
- Participate in the design of new or changing programs
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Lead and work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Provide leadership and mentor junior engineers
- Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms
- 6+ years of experience designing and building applications
- 4+ years in web programming using jQuery, HTML, CSS, and/or ASP.NET MVC Framework
What We Look For:
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
- Great understanding of internet, systems, web technologies, and web service architectures
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communicator
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
About MakeMyDeal, a Cox Automotive Brand:
MakeMyDeal, a Cox Automotive™ brand, is revolutionizing the car buying experience. The MakeMyDeal platform, which can be accessed through participating dealer websites, select third-party sites including AutoTrader.com, and at makemydeal.com, enables car shoppers and dealers to discuss and agree on the terms of a car deal. Buyers experience the convenience of negotiating and reserving their car deal online from the privacy of their own home. Dealers start trust-based relationships with buyers who submit Desk-Ready Deals(SM)directly from their online inventory pages. The deal gets finalized at the dealership, which leaves buyers and dealers each in control of their own deal making process.
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital® and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-2002 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top