Software Engineer Intern - Dealertrack - Groton, CT (Summer 2017)
We’re looking for talented intern candidates to join our high-powered technologyteams. Our interns will contribute tothe development of the next generation of Dealertrack Solutions. Qualified applicants will be those individualswho can grasp even the toughest issues and contribute to quality solutionsquickly and effectively.
- Participate in software development usingAgile/Scrum development process.
- Learn to analyze product requirements and proposesolutions to them.
- Write design specifications and otherdevelopment documentation.
- Implement the feature/functionality specified inthe product requirements.
- Assist in defining, automating, and executingdevelopment tests in support of the feature/functionality being developed.
- Deliver solutions to the product requirementsfollowing the prescribed development processes.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of computerarchitecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Java Development Experience (academic and/orprofessional).
- File systems and communication (TCP/IP)sub-systems knowledge.
- Basic database knowledge (Oracle/MongoDB).
- Ability to follow standard engineeringprinciples and practices.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strong sense of self-motivation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a teamenvironment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high qualitystandards.
Currentlyworking towards a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CT-Groton-115 Poheganut Dr
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top