Dealertrack a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Software Engineer with Python-related open-source technology stack experience and exposure to Software as a Service in Lake Success NY.
At Dealertrack, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
Technology We Use:
MS Visual Studio, SQL Server, IIS, MVC, AngularJS, REST, MongoDB, HTML, CSS, git, GitHub, PyCharm, Python, Django
- Design, develop and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications.
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products using our open-source-based tech stack.
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Review, analyze designs, modify, develop, test, document, and implement software applications.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably Computer Science major or related discipline.
- 5+ years of development experience with Python-related open-source technology stack.
- 5+ years hands-on development with Web Services.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL queries and stored procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in developing software that runs on a Linux environment.
What We Look For:
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between the Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Result-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on multiple activities with speed and efficiency.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong understanding of version control systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively within high performance team environment.
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-Lake Success-1111 Marcus Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top