Software Developer II Videa
The Software Engineer II’s role is to implement the core software systems that make up the Videa Platform. The Engineer will be responsible for working in a team environment to deliver a high-quality and functionally complete system into Production on schedule.
- Ensure coverage goals are met by developing appropriate unit and integration test suites.
- Design and develop software according to requirements to meet acceptance criteria with moderate oversight
- Promote and support unit testing, integration testing and test automation efforts within the team
- Adhere to ALM practices
- Work with 3rd parties to correctly implement integration with those systems according to APIs
- Execute and support deployment processes
- Execute and support Continuous Integration
- Work with other team members to ensure sprints are completed on time for committed stories
- Participate in requirement sessions to help form appropriate requirement stories
- Act as a fully engaged Scrum team member, aiding the team in any capacity needed (including QA if required)
- Aid in Backlog grooming as needed
- Participate in problem-solving/brainstorming sessions with other team members.
- Understand and critique requirements and designs
- Actively participate in Tier II and Tier III support for products
- Triage, investigate and resolve reported defects
- Fine-tune system to improve performance and functional behavior
- Help QA team in creating automated processes for testing system, including scripts and datasets
- Help in hiring process of technical resources
- In the early days of the company the expectation is that every technical team member will wear whatever hat is needed at a particular time. This means individuals aiding any part of the technical team in whatever capacity as appropriate for their skillset.
- 5+ years’ experience writing production software
- Computer Science or related undergrad
- Microsoft programming certifications are an advantage
- SQLServer 2012/2014/2016
- Net frameworks – ASP.Net MVC, WCF, WinForm, EF, WF
- Strong knowledge of MS Technology stack
- Visual Studio 2013/2015
- SW Engineering Principles – Unit Testing, CI, Auditing, Componentization of products, OO design. Participated in at least one project through the full lifecycle of the development process
- Strong SW Engineering background
Startup office environment.
The entity is an early stage start up with in the Cox Media Group family of businesses, located in Atlanta that whose goal is to rapidly bring a series of products, services and new technology to the traditional TV media marketplace. The company was started late in 2013 and is rapidly expanding its efforts to provide improved operating efficiencies in several key areas of local broadcast and traditional TV media sales.
We are in the process of building a core team of professionals who will collaborate closely to build both an amazing product as well as an amazing culture. The core team of professionals we select will make up the foundation of our organization.
Back to top