vAuto, a Cox AutomotiveBrand, is currently looking for an experienced Software Architect to join ourteam in Austin, TX
As a Software Architect,you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex webapplications and backend services for desktop and mobile devices. The SoftwareArchitect must have a strong focus and understanding of .NET. To be successfulin the role of Software Architect, you must be able to work effectively in afluid, fast-paced agile environment. This position requires strongleadership, design, and communication skills to effectively work withmanagement, team members and business contacts.
Technology We Use:
C#, .NET ElasticSearch,AngularJS/Typescript, NHibernate/Fluent NHibernate, Unity DI
On the Horizon:
Newer versions of ES,Message bus (Rabbit/ZeroMQ), OWIN, Angular 2.0, CQRS
- Architect, design, document and develop new programs or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Act as technical resource for an agile scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review.
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Be pragmatic about what we’re testing
- For the assigned applications, functional areas or projects:
- Develop and maintain thorough system knowledge
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Facilitate functional test planning and testing
- Work with the team to maintain system quality
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies (Backend + Frontend)
- Mentor other Software Engineers through the software development process
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience in C#
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience writing SQL backed applications
What We Look For:
- Someone who’s passionate about and stays on the cutting edge of emerging .NET technologies
- Experience building clean, well defined, backend services that scale to an ever increasing user and workload demand
- Willingness to test as much of the core functionality of our app as possible
- Experience consuming and creating web services in a .NET environment.
- Experience building and implementing scalable applications that use modern design patterns and practices
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator
- Willingness to mentor Software Engineers
- BS in Computer Science orrelated degree, or equivalent work experience
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Top Workplaces in Austin http://bit.ly/1pc5w2U
Location and 360walkthrough http://bit.ly/1UctesS
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top