Social Media Editor, Rare
Are you hungry to get your hands dirty with distributing news content? Do you love the craziness that is the current news world we live in? Do you spend your free time thinking about how readers consume and engage with news and publishers?
We are looking for an editor to help drive audience and engagement through Twitter and our newsletter program. This person will understand the digital news landscape and be eager to have an active hand in content and audience engagement.
- Curate content for newsletter distribution to drive audience engagement
- Leverage insights for increased engagement and traffic from newsletter audience
- Distribute content on Twitter, and other social channels
- Occasionally write content for website
- Bachelors degree; journalism, media, related field
- Solid news judgment, understanding of the digital news landscape
- Writing abilities
- Social media experience
- Ability to write content tailored for a specific audience
- Self starting and enterprising attitude
- Creative thinker, interested in pursuing new ideas
- Team player
- Flexible, able to roll with the punches of a changing and dynamic newsroom
- Must work weekends
- HTML knowledge
Copy editing abilities/experience
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington-1050 17th St NW
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top