Senior Manager, Operations
The Sr. Manager, Operations drives strategy execution by overseeing and managing all operations within a department. The specific areas of focus include, but are not limited to, employee productivity, operational efficiency, customer service levels, and employee retention and satisfaction by maintaining a positive working environment.
- Plans and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, project, and/or services of broad significance to the organization within the department.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects change required for improvement.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices and procedures within the department.
- Provides professional consultation and leadership to direct reports and teams. Serves as the principal point of expertise on all matters relating to the specified functional area of focus.
- Designs, coordinates and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the department.
- Leading Change: Effectively prepares the organization for the future while maintaining current success and motivation.
- Driving Execution: Translates strategy into operational reality; breaks down strategies or business initiatives into key tasks and identifies accountabilities; aligns communication, processes, resources, and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of results.
- Shaping Strategy: Creates and translates a vision into organizational imperatives.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates appropriate attention to customer needs and requirements when making decisions and taking action.
- Effective Communication: Effectively gives and receives information, ideas and opinions in verbal, written and electronic communication.
- Facilitating Teamwork/Collaboration: Guides team’s efforts in alignment with business objectives. Supports company goals by working across department and organizational boundaries to achieve overall company objectives.
- Fostering Inclusion and Diversity: Builds diverse, highly capable teams by creating an environment supportive of different ideas, styles, and perspectives.
- Leveraging Resources for Competitive Advantage: Balances systems, process, technology and resources to operate more efficiently and effectively given the competitive landscape.
- Managing Performance: Sets clear performance expectations, rewards high performance and takes action on low performance, guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Modeling Company Values: Shows an approach toward people and the work that is consistent with Cox company values.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of operations experience, preferably in SAAS environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency
- Demonstrated capacity for self-direction
- Knowledge of automotive industry is preferred
- Experience with concepts of data management
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Exton-224 Valley Creek Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2017-02-20
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top