Senior Manager, Industry Events and Trade Shows
The Senior Manager, Industry Events & Trade Shows will lead a high-impact and strategic sponsorship, thought leadership and exhibit presence for a Cox Automotive Solutions Groups at critical industry events and trade shows. This individual will be responsible for strategically placing all Solutions Groups brands at industry events and partnering with team members and stakeholders to deliver superior client experiences in the industry, driving cross-brand solution adoption and achieving stated event goals and objectives.
Key functions will include sponsorship negotiations, event reporting & analysis, vendor management, execution of lead driving programs and cutting-edge activation tactics. This position will work closely with executive leadership and stakeholders across the organization, including enterprise sales, marketing and product departments, to ensure alignment of approach at all events.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills, a proactive and self-directed approach to managing multiple projects, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and the ability to deal effectively with differing opinions and personalities at all levels within the organization and with external client groups.
A strong background in trade shows and exhibit management and experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
- Responsible for negotiations at industry events and trade shows on behalf of the Solutions Groups, in collaboration with key stakeholders and team members.
- Drive operational efficiency through collaboration, and identify opportunities for cost savings and process enhancements.
- Guide day-to-day relationships with event organizers and association partners.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal stakeholders (Executive Team, Sales, Marketing, Product) to develop and execute an overall industry event & trade show strategy for each Solutions Group.
- Lead the sponsorship presence and strategic execution for all Solutions Groups at Industry Events. Key events may include but will not be limited to the following:
- NADA Convention
- CBT Conference
- NIADA Convention, NABD Buy Here Pay Here Conference
- Digital Dealer Conferences (Spring & Fall)
- Automotive News Industry Events
- J.D. Power Industry Events
- Driving Sales Events
- Bobit Business Media Events
- NAMAD Conference
- Lead and develop team members to execute on industry event & trade show initiatives with a high degree of service and success.
- Engage and interface with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure goal alignment for industry events and trade shows.
- Build, maintain, and leverage cross-departmental and company relationships to actively identify and address opportunities that contribute to increased business results.
- Partner with Marketing counterparts to support and execute thought leadership and speaking engagement opportunities at all industry events.
- Actively engage and support change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make industry events & trade show change successful.
- Craft and execute a training plan for Tier 1 & 2 industry events and trade shows, in collaboration with internal learning and training partners.
- Manage internal and external agency/vendor resources and relationships (Creative Studios, External Exhibit House, Video and Survey Vendors).
- Develop and manage event budgets for Solutions Groups.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including occasional weekend travel for events.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Marketing, preferably within the event, trade show, automotive, media or technology industries.
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to identify, define, and adjust processes, as needed, to improve department function and business results.
- Strong customer focus, including the ability to think in terms of the consumer perspective.
- Proven experience executing in high-energy, high-change culture.
- Ability to drive results in ambiguous situations.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills; detail and results-oriented.
- Outstanding team player and relationship builder.
Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field required.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top