Senior Director of Marketing
NextGear Capital, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior Director, Marketing located in Carmel, IN outside of Indianapolis.
The Senior Director, Marketing, Cox Automotive Financial Solutions Group, leads a team of marketing professionals dedicated to the growth of NextGear Capital, the leading floorplan provider in the automotive industry. This role works closely with senior leadership of the Financial Solutions Group and key stakeholders across the company to develop and implement strategic marketing programs designed to grow client preference for the NextGear Capital brand, increase client adoption of products and services, and position NextGear Capital as an industry leader.
Critical to success of this role is nurturing strong partnerships across the Cox Automotive organization to effectively leverage the full breadth of capabilities within the company. This includes shared marketing support functions such as Field Marketing, Research & Market Intelligence, Creative Studios, Communications, Public Relations, and Industry Relations / Events. Close collaboration with the Inventory Solutions team is also a key enabler of success, with specific priority on building relationships with Manheim’s Field Operations, Sales, Product Management, and Client Experience teams. This position reports to the Vice President, Marketing, Cox Automotive Inventory and Financial Solutions Groups.
The Senior Director is based out of NextGear Capital’s headquarters in Carmel, Indiana.
- Manages the Financial Solutions Group marketing team, with direct responsibility for Brand, Product and Digital marketing resources; CRM/campaign management; and Marketing Analytics. Dotted-line responsibility for shared Cox Automotive marketing support functions, to include Field Marketing, Creative Studios, Industry Relations and Events, Communications and PR.
- Leads development and implementation of brand strategy for the NextGear Capital brand, including positioning, trade advertising programs and national brand campaigns. Responsible for development of annual marketing calendar.
- Works closely with Inventory Solutions Field Marketing leadership to drive localized marketing efforts in markets across the US to grow brand awareness and dealer penetration for NextGear Capital across the auction footprint.
- Manages the creation, execution and measurement of cross-channel marketing campaigns and programs using an effective content marketing strategy.
- Leads development and activation of initiatives to grow the digital presence of NextGear Capital, with emphasis on driving client engagement across digital channels, including company web sites, social media channels and email marketing.
- Partners with the Information Technology team to develop and grow CRM/campaign management capabilities.
- Champions the development and utilization of marketing analytics capabilities designed to enable segment-focused, targeted marketing programs that drive client engagement and behavior.
- Works with Finance team to implement program measurement capabilities to assess financial viability of marketing program/promotion impact, including pre-campaign assessment, post-campaign ROI and client engagement metrics.
- Partners with Sales and Business Development teams to develop and implement sales enablement programs that strengthen the ability of client-facing resources to grow penetration and adoption of NextGear Capital and other Cox Automotive products.
- Ensures consistency of marketing messages throughout all marketing initiatives and communications, working with other parts of the organization, including the NextGear Capital sales operations and client support teams.
- Critical to this individual’s success will be the ability to gain alignment among multiple internal stakeholders. As a result, this individual needs to quickly establish collaborative and strategic partnerships:
oExemplifying superior strategic thinking and flawless execution of strategies on time and on budget.
oAbility to create innovative, client-centric business solutions by applying deep understanding of tools and techniques available to implement developed strategies.
oAbility to effectively communicate sound strategy / recommendations to inspire all levels of the organization.
oRobust analytical thinking: identify, track and measure KPI’s for marketing programs.
oStrong management of projects to drive execution.
oPassion for clients, whom we serve, to build client-centric, value-driven solutions.
- Engages key internal stakeholders (executives, legal, functional leaders) to gain required approvals for marketing programs and promotions.
- Travels up to 35% of time to engage with field marketing, sales and operations teams, attend client meetings, attend sales meetings, and participate in industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related business field required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing/advertising, preferably within the automotive and/or finance industry
- Proven track record of leading teams and developing talent
- Extensive automotive industry knowledge preferred
- Must exhibit strong analytical, data-driven skillset
- Experience with a wide range of marketing tactics – print, web, CRM/campaign management, email marketing, etc.
- Extensive experience leveraging full range of marketing capabilities to drive top line growth to include brand positioning/development, creative development process, research/insights, customer segmentation, pricing/discounting and channel management
- Experience with B2B marketing for company with a portfolio of products / services is preferred
- Strong organizational skills, executive presence, leadership capabilities and attention to detail
- Deep expertise in building strong relationships with leaders across organizational / departmental boundaries
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital® and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Executive
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top