Senior Director Ad Platform & Data Management
Sr. Director Ad Platform & Data Management
The Senior Director Ad Platform & Data Management at Cox Media Group (CMG) is a cutting-edge digital minded professional who can promote the adoption of emerging and disruptive capabilities. The ideal individual can translate data science and machine intelligence around digital advertising into insightful and actionable intelligence. They will lead the performance and career development of 25+ team members around programmatic, analytics and insights. They will be responsible for the day-to-day partnership development with our SSP/DSP/DMP network partners. This ideal digital savvy expert will use data, analysis and insights as a foundation to identifying strategic direction for increasing revenue and maximizing yield within the programmatic stack. This role will partner with all sales channels, fulfillment, ad platforms, technology and product management/development to successfully grow revenue and operation efficiencies via programmatic and data executions.
- Manage day to day buying of digital ad inventory and operations within Demand-Side Platforms (DSP) and Data Management Platforms (DMP).
- Indirectly manage relationships with Agency Trading Desks and other buying platforms that control digital ad budgets.
- Partner with sales to analyze, negotiate and execute private marketplace and programmatic campaigns.
- Own and lead the development of using data-driven information across digital and legacy sales channels that is digestible, meaningful, and actionable to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist CMG brands with effectively telling a compelling data-driven story. Develop a deep understanding of our brands, consumers and customers while equally versed with best-in-class digital.
- Manage relationships with our Sales Side Platforms (SSP), private marketplaces (PMP) and open auction environments. Understand publisher ad inventory yield management, avails, and optional data targeting to create the highest return on investment.
- Be a knowledge expert about all things programmatic for sales and advertiser/agency partners. Use your expertise across the organization to grow revenue.
- Insure sales team/s have a full understand of programmatic and data tools, and are being utilized for growth. Establish a set of best practices and work across the organization to ensure consistency in adhering standards.
- Work alongside other senior leadership to evaluate potential new partners, platforms and opportunities for revenue growth. Including but not limited to vertical segmentation, audience segment development and sale opportunities, yield analysis about site setup and location of higher priced inventory, and micro-analysis of inventory value.
- Bachelor Degree
- 8-10+ years in digital media
- 5+ years in programmatic operations management
- Expertise in working within DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, ad exchanges, ad networks & aggregators, ad servers, and optimization platform/s.
- Experience with yield optimization of digital ad inventory through bid management platform/s
- Experience with statistics and related analysis methodologies
- Thorough understanding of ad stack technologies and well networked across programmatic and data management channels.
- Working knowledge of DFP, DCM, Tag Management and attribution technologies
- Familiar with order management solutions (DSM)
- Data and yield analysis expertise
- SaaS based Marketing technologies (MarTech) a plus.
- DMP (Data Management Platform) experience
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate effectively with both internally and externally. Ability to communicate across all areas of a matrixed organization.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, ever evolving space where technologies and methodologies of measurement change often and rapidly
- Efficient at working proactively across the organization to build strong relationships
- Fundamental knowledge of ad targeting methodologies
- A strong sense of urgency
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Executive
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top