Security Manager II - Auto Auction
This position manages, promotes and maintains the auction’s security and property protection programs at multiple locations. This position is responsible for managing the relationship with the security vendor to ensure compliance with the requirements of the security contract.
- Plan, organize and coordinate all phases of the security operation at multiple locations.
- Coordinate with Commercial Accounts daily and communicate security needs to the security vendor in support of the redemption process.
- Responsible for reducing loss numbers and working with the Corporate Security team to execute risk reducing initiatives at the operating locations.
- Ensure security policies and procedures are followed by the contract security team at multiple locations.
- Complete accurate and efficient reports on theft, fire, safety and security and submit to location management and Corporate Security for review on a regular basis.
- Conduct security inspections of the location to identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Conduct off-duty and weekend inspections of security personnel to ensure policies and procedures are enforced.
- Conduct security investigations in coordination with the security vendor, auction management, human resources, local law enforcement corporate security as necessary.
- Confer with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of Auction activities with local law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Develop and update site specific security post orders which establish operational procedures for activities such as emergency response, vehicle check out, guarding and patrolling, orienting and monitoring of personnel, investigations of accidents and criminal acts.
- Visibly demonstrate security commitment by following all security standards established by Manheim Corporate Security. Work in cooperation with Manheim Corporate Security in support of all security activities aligned with Security Excellence.
- Responsible for managing the vendor relationship at multiple locations in accordance with guidance provided by Corporate Security.
- Responsible for developing and managing the security training program for the contract staff and employees of multiple locations. Coordinate with Manheim Corporate Security in order to comply with corporate security guidelines and directives.
- Responsible for site specific training of emergency procedures for both contract employees and Manheim employees.
- Review all security reporting completed by the contract security team and provide weekly summaries to the auction management and corporate security. Also conduct analytical review of security reporting and make changes to the security site specific program. Assist Manheim Corporate Security and auction management with special projects associated with the security operation.
- Determining appropriate level of security resources required to meet security program objectives, consistent with budgetary requirements. Review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics to ensure vendor adheres to contractual obligations.
- Effectively leads by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Responsible for modifying and annually certifying the auction specific Business Continuity Plan for multiple locations. Complete all required BCP training and remain in compliance with Manheim Corporate Security’s annually certification requirements for BCPs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree w/ Criminal Justice major preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with a security agency, law enforcement organization or military experience in a supervisor role.
- Current knowledge in security investigations, stolen vehicle identification and title fraud investigations preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent management and excellent organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel to multiple locations
Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and weather conditions.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NC-Statesville-145 Auction Ln
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top