Sales Executive - Los Angeles, CA
Summary: The Sales Executive (SE) is a full time outside sales position. The position requires a structured approach to developing new business in a defined territory. The SE will be responsible for achieving target level volumes in new applications, signed contracts, activations and monthly new loan originations for NextGear Capital core products of inventory financing as well as the company’s ancillary products and services. The SE will work closely with NextGear Capital’s Account Executive in their assigned territory to exceed budgeted goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable and educated on all products and services that NextGear Capital offers including inventory financing (floorplan) and the company’s Ancillary Products and Services.
- Develop an aggressive sales plan within a defined market.
- Build prospect list through effective cold calling, lead follow up and referrals.
- Conduct cold calls each week to solicit new relationships for NextGear Capital.
- Follow up on all leads provided on a daily basis with a sense of urgency.
- Increase overall loan volume and utilization through service calls to existing customers.
- Hit target levels of performance in new applications, signed contracts, new loan development and utilization on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for initial underwriting of potential NextGear Capital customers prior to accepting an application.
- Monitor applications throughout the credit process
- Responsible for contracting and orientation of new customers.
- Hit target levels of performance in enrollments and sales of NextGear Capital’s Ancillary Products and Services.
- Develop a strong relationship with NextGear Capital Account Executives
- Attend local auctions to increase NextGear Capital presence.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Of the automotive industry (various sectors)
- Of the finance industry (various sectors)
- Sales Management (develop leads, contract customers, portfolio growth)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Must be comfortable in a high pressure, results driven and fast paced work environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook with ability to manage high volume of electronic and voice communications
- Ability to learn company operating and reporting system plus Microsoft CRM
- Ability to manage problems with solutions-based approach.
- Must have a proven track record of success in outside sales position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Four year collect degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in outside sales and portfolio management preferred
- 3-5 years experience in finance or auto industry preferred
- On-the-job ability to learn new products/services offered and adapt to policy/procedure changes as required
- Extensive driving – must have valid drivers license
- Some overnight travel (apx. 15%)
- Field Visits – other sites
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Los Angeles-100 Corporate Pointe
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top