Registration Administrator (Auto Title Clerk)
Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive brand, is currently looking for a Registration Administrator (Auto Title Clerk) to join our team in East Greenbush, NY.
Dealertrack’s teams are comprised of versatile, hardworking, and creative thinkers with diverse skill sets who can adapt to the rapid changes in the automotive and technology industries. Our professionals are committed to changing the way people shop for and purchase vehicles through our connected digital software solutions.
Under general supervision, the Registration Administrator performs a variety of office support and technical tasks relating to motor vehicle transactions and tax collection. DMV or other automotive or loan financing exposure is especially helpful. Processes motor vehicle titles, registrations, and receives payment of same. Receive tax payments and file documents. Enters and retrieves information on computer and answer multi-line phone system. Prepares and issues motor vehicle titles, registrations, validations, and license plates. The Registration Administrator may also be involved in daily cash out process, daily shipping process, scanning and saving all motor vehicle records to the computer.
- Performs a variety of office support tasks, including answering the telephone, recording and forwarding messages, answering questions in person and over the telephone about sales taxes, driver’s license, reinstatements, IRP, motor vehicle, and entering data into the computer. Follow up phone calls to customers may be necessary.
- Examines documents submitted by customers for motor vehicle titles and registrations. Determines authenticity of documents. Issues appropriate license and registrations.
- Data entry of all information from the Vehicle Application (VEH) to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) system to print vehicle registration; including making sure the correct transaction type is typed.
- Proofreading all information from (VEH) including: verifying taxes and fees, license plate, lienholder information, owner’s information and mileage to the vehicle’s registration.
- Prepares all end of the day DPS reports using designated forms.
- Minimum one year of banking, DMV, automotive registration or motor vehicle title experience is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize (and re-prioritize) when necessary.
Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive Brand, is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-East Greenbush-30 Tech Valey Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top