Regional Sales Mgr DMS
Our Sales Teams:
Energetic, motivated and thriving in a fast-paced environment, the Sales team at Dealertrack is changing the way people shop for and purchase vehicles. Tech-savvy and adaptable thinkers, our teams are made up of passionate go-getters who are committed to our mission of transforming the automotive industry through progressive SaaS solutions.
The person in this role will be accountable for the sales of Dealertrack DMS, or our dealer management system, to franchise car dealerships. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager- Roaming will be accountable for generating and maximizing sales revenue and increasing DMS customers. The person in this role will be assigned to open territories or territories without adequate coverage from existing Regional Sales Managers.
The ability to negotiate with car dealers, as well as having product expertise of the DMS – a bundled information package with software that aides in running the various parts of a car dealership, such as finance, sales, parts, inventory and administration – is crucial in this role.
- Discuss, present, and demonstrate key advantages of the Dealertrack DMS solution to the customer
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales goals as set by the region and or division
- Backfill open territories or existing territories, as needed
- Partner with Regional Sales Manager to develop customer relationships with new and existing dealers
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principals, Controllers, and General Managers
- Interface and interact with F&I Managers, Sales Managers and Parts and Service Managers
- Uncover business development opportunities to propel company’s growth
- Performs other duties as required
- Travel warrior – Frequent travel in designated sales territories and divisions. 80-90% travel.
- Phone warrior
What We look For:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable, not required
- 3-5 years of experience in sales selling DMS products to car dealerships
- Knowledge and sales experience of DMS solutions or similar products used in the automotive industry (Reynolds and Reynolds, ADP, UCS)
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the auto dealership departments and its processes
- Must have the ability to present the Dealertrack DMS application face-to-face with potential customers
- Previous experience in managing a multi-state sales territory is preferred
- Must have the ability to close sales opportunities and maintain a long-term trusted relationship with the customer
- Must have above average computer skills
- Highly organized
Who We Are + What We Do:
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealertrack is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-OH-Cleveland
Other Locations: Lansing,US,MI,Lansing,48901|Green Bay Remote,US,WI,Green BAy,54155|Minneapolis,US,MN,,55401
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top