Ready Auto - Senior Manager Transportation Operations
This position provides leadership and guidance to the day-to-day transportation teams across all regions. The TO is accountable for ensuring their teams are meeting customer expectations, creating and maintaining a high performance team, continuous process improvement, and supporting the current transportation strategy.
- Create and maintain a high performance culture
- Manage transportation activities for all transportation Throughout the country while monitoring and meeting or exceeding all KPI’s
- Hire, train, supervise and direct the work of transportation employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and monitoring work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Counsel and discipline, including termination, of employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively lead the team at each location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect. Frequent travel between locations will be required in order to effectively manage remote sites.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Coordinate and direct the safe and efficient transportation of customer vehicles to and from the Auction and other designated areas.
- Coordinate department activities with customer account representatives and transporters. Interact with customers, develop new business for the Auction, and resolve problems that may occur in the transportation process.
- Maintain communication with other departments and management team providing relevant information to coordinate activities of the region and ensure high quality of service to both internal and external customers.
- Determine and make use of the most efficient, timely and cost effective way of transporting customer vehicles utilizing all available equipment.
- Provide outstanding customer service and resolve problems.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Monitor performance to customer SLAs and SOPs
- Provide a strategic direction for the success of their market
- Maintain regular communication with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
3 – 4 years’ experience preferred as an administrative and/or operations supervisor in the transportation or trucking industry, or dispatching experience.
Auction experience and knowledge of overall auction functions preferred.
Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization required
Excellent organizational skills
Flexible work hours, as position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Excellent computer skills preferred including MS Outlook/Excel/Word
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
High sense of urgency
Ability to handle pressure, stress and change effectively
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Milton-8277 Lawson Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top