Quality Control Operator
The essential responsibilities of the Quality Control Operators are to conduct daily inspections and maintain the inspection results in the Quality Inspection Process (QIP) and Field Issue Tracking (FIT) database on SharePoint. Works with the Operations Managers/Supervisors to understand the data results and reporting of the daily inspections. Assist the direct Manager/Supervisor to re-evaluate inspection protocol and sample size on an “as needed” but no less than an annual basis. Assist Operations Managers/Supervisor.
- Perform daily quality inspections within Operations of completed work packets from the primary Departments and their aligned OPS Teams.
- Enter inspection results into SharePoint database for each primary Department and their aligned OPS Teams.
- Maintain both QIP and FIT databases
- Participate in the evaluation of inspection sample size volumes and inspection Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participate in documentation review as it pertains to the QIP and FIT procedures in our current documentation standards.
- Assist with updating of and maintaining the QIP inspection checklists.
- Assist with the creation and publishing of detailed quality reports (QIP and FIT) to be utilized by Operations that provide trending information of identified errors by Department, OPS Team, error type, and team member.
- Works closely with manager/supervisor to provide assistance in process improvement suggestions based upon the data from both QIP and FIT.
- Provide assistance in reviewing reported FIT items logged into the database to ensure the error was coded correctly.
- Participate in internal audits and assist on the management process review of the results, including implementation of the appropriate corrective actions.
- Works with the manager/supervisor to schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time.
What We look For:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Knowledge of PC Software applications (MS Office/Excel) preferred
- Data entry skills required for verifying documents; 50 wpm or 15,000 kph
- Knowledge of state abbreviations preferred
- Knowledge of shipping software and mailing equipment preferred for mail room
- Working knowledge of imaging software preferred
- Ability to lift or push up to 35-40 lbs.
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive production work
- Ability to sit or stand, bend, reach, pull and climb step ladders for long
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-OH-Wilmington-3268 Progress Way
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top