Parts Associate - Mechanic Shop
- Define specific parts identified by customers (Repair Order) to be ordered and replaced on their vehicles during the recon processes and communicate information to Procurement staff for order placement
- Work with recon technicians to Identify specific parts required during the recon/repair process and communicate information to Procurement staff for order placement
- Track ,receive, inventory and distribute all parts in a timely manner so as to meet all customer vehicle delivery expectations
- Communicate any incorrect parts or supplies to Procurement in a timely manner and manage return timing
- Maintain all shop supply inventory levels at acceptable levels (ordered Through Procurement) as directed by management
- Secure and control all parts and supply inventory to minimize loss or shrinkage
- Maintain neat and orderly work space
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment at all times while working specific areas.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Experience in installing automotive parts preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of bodywork, frame damage and minor mechanical repairs.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to constantly enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to lift 1 – 15 pounds (i.e., starters, alternators, A/C units, etc).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, dust, fluids, vehicle fumes, odors, mechanical and electrical shock hazards.
Moderate noise level.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-SC-Darlington-1111 Harry Byrd Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top