This position is primarily responsible for increasing Dealer cars sold using OVE, IF Bids, etc. by working closely with Buyers and Sellers via telephone, email, or other electronic communication means.The OVE Sales Representative will use past successes in sales and customer service to develop and maintain relationships with Manheim customers.The position works closely with the Location based and Field Sales Teams to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales goals
- Contact Bidder/Seller to ensure that they are aware of an offer and attempt to close the transaction
- After a sale closes, obtain a list of dealers who bid online at or over MMR on particular units and didn’t win the bid.Match bidder with an alternate vehicle in-lane or on OVE
- Encourage referrals from Field Sales, Dealer Services and Dealer Concierge for buyers interested in specific inventory
- Prioritize work to yield highest transaction volume
- Track time allocated to each transaction, number of transactions worked and results
- Train Dealers/Sellers to help them sell vehicles more effectively online
- Ensure reporting of results is complete and accurate
- Works independently, manages time effectively with great attention to details
- Team player and great communication and relationship skills with internal and external customers
- Provide Digital Sales support
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- 2-5 years proven track record in sales and service; automotive, auction, internet sales/service a plus
- Understanding of used vehicles, damage assessments and valuations a plus
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and self-motivating
- Excellent people, teamwork, customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; use of salesforce.com a plus
Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions as well as noise, dust, and fumes in auction lanes.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top