Outside Retention Sales Representative - Cox Business
The Cox Business Outside Retention Representative up-sells and retains valuable medium to large business customers for Cox Business by introducing new products and services, minimizing controllable churn, and renewing contracts for existing customers. Maintains on-going relationships and retains assigned base of existing customers; seeks and acts upon feedback regarding on-going client satisfaction, cross-sells, and up-sells. Sells complex, bundled telephony, data, and video products as an up-sell to current customers. Example products may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), and VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex).
The position works independently in the field 50% of the week or more and while at the Cox offices, works in a cubicle at a desk. Expected to meet or exceed corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. There is pressure to grow revenue quickly to achieve corporate revenue goals. Spends majority of the week out of the office. Incumbent will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with pressure to grow revenue quickly. Incumbent will manage their own schedule. Regularly works outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. Sometimes works with dissatisfied customers. Also works on customers’ premises.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Cold calls existing medium to large customers to generate new sales opportunities and renew contracts.
- Identifies new sources of revenue for existing customer base using tools available (market analysis tools/software such as Dun & Bradstreet data or CRM tools to aid in understanding upsell opportunities).
- Develops and maintains consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers. Makes regular contact and maintains expert-level knowledge of their business, industry and communication needs and challenges.
- Develops and maintains strategic account plans for continually maintaining and growing Cox Business’s revenue within existing accounts.
- Engages in save activities.
- Listens to and questions customers in order to understand their businesses’ communication needs, provide solutions to meet those needs, and troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
- Works with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Sets up appointments for Account Executives to meet with customers if sale is not appropriate for the Outside Retention Representative to complete.
- Up-sells bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Develops proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
- Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Determines serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtains construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
- Performs any necessary calculations pertaining to IRR, time periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
- Educates customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Works with Order Entry Specialists to complete sales orders. [Internal consulting]
- Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for client throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and problems, and maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Coordinates with other departments to resolve maintenance and billing problems. Serves as main point of contact for client during trouble resolution.
- Updates BID with all required customer information in a timely fashion. [Client records]
- Performs ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forwards as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
- Manages own account portfolio, accurately forecasts business, tracks own performance, and develops plans to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Prepares regular expense, sales, win/loss and other sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
- Makes follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Provides customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field
- Valid state driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentations, functional competence, high impact communications, learns continuously, PC skills, reasoning, sales skills, and sustaining customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 1 year of experience in the telecommunications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor desired.
- 1 year business-to-business field sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego-5159 Federal Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top