Graham Technologies is hiring a Network Engineer in Arlington, VA . We are looking for candidates to establish and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
What we’re looking for
To land this position you must have an Active Secret and some working knowledge of the below skills
- 10 years of recent experience working with LAN/WAN network environments
- Deep understanding and able to explain network topologies
- Able to create network diagrams using MS Visio
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of Cisco network switches (NX and IOS), routers and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of TACLANE network encryptors
- Solid working knowledge of Networking technologies such as TCP/IP, spanning tree, 802.1Q VLAN’s, LAN/WAN, GRE tunnels, routing, switching, QoS, and netflow.
- Hands-on experience with gathering information and communication during wide spread network outages.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- CISCO certification(s) is desired but not required
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top