Media Consultant III Cox Media - Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Sells local, regional, or national advertising on cable networks to produce revenue for Cox Media and achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual budget goals.
- Partners with support staff and other related departments to ensure advertising commitments are met.
- Serves as a public relations representative, image builder in the local community.
- Prepares weekly and monthly sales activity reports and maintains an accurate client database.
- Seeks information to understand customers’ needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Builds local account lists by selling advertising on Cox Media products.
- Meets monthly sales goals as assigned for all Cox Media products.
- Continually prospect for new business from all available sources.
- Practice portfolio management techniques, including reducing churn, growing existing accounts and adding new business
- Responsible for coordinating traffic orders and other documentation required for commercial insertion.
- Assists in coordinating the production of commercials to air on available channels or other products.
- Effectively uses statistical quantitative and qualitative research (i.e., Arbitron and Neilsen) to educate customers.
- Prepares weekly and monthly sales activity reports and maintains an accurate client database and sales record.
- Responsible for understanding Cox Media business and client¿s business to support consultative sales model.
- Continuously learns new products and is able to present/educate clients on features and benefits.
- Provides accurate forecasts for account list billing.
- Comply with all published rate, package and pricing guidelines.
- Conducts business in an ethical manner that is consistent with Cox Values, Business Integrity and policies (internal and external).
- Maintain and manage collections to keep bad debt to an absolute minimum.
- Attend and participate in company sponsored sales meetings, training and events.
- Responsible for the collection of client’s past due accounts.
TYPICAL TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline
- Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field
- Certification is required in some areas
DEPT/ORG SCOPE & IMPACT – Fully competent and productive professional contributor, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY – Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information or inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
AUTONOMY – Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues; Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct ‘customers’ of the process
KNOWLEDGE – Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments. Solid knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices
INFLUENCE/PEOPLE LEADERSHIP – May provide general guidance/direction or train junior level support and professional personnel
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Chesapeake-1341 Crossways Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top