Market Research Analyst
The Market Research Analyst will support the CMG Research team in executing primary research sales projects for CMG corporate and its properties (radio, TV, newspaper and Internet).
This position will seamlessly integrate into existing team protocol and support the facilitation of sales research project completion as needed in three primary areas: questionnaire design, data extraction and analysis, and strategic research insights.
- Questionnaire Design
- Demonstrate knowledge in constructing custom surveys designed for Internet or phone research using programming logic for field services, Internet application development or phone studies
- Create and proof questionnaires for alignment with project goals, objectives and methodology as well as for programming logic in a timely manner
- Data Extraction and Manipulation
- Create and proof cross-tabulation data tables in a timely manner
- Create, proof and code verbatim response files
- Develop charts, graphs and tables in Excel and Power Point
- Run data queries in Access
- Strategic Research Insights
- Build a story from the data, crafting a powerful presentation that delivers the results and analysis of the primary research in a visual manner that can be presented to high level business executives, corporate board members as well as advertising sales decision makers and local business owners
- Summarize research project findings in written report form or in brief graphic representation on tight deadlines, specifically tailored with the receiving audience in mind
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 3+ years professional experience in market research or similar related field with history/background in media/communications industry strongly encouraged
- Strong written communication skills especially in regards to creating impactful and insightful research presentations
- Contribute to team success by effectively coordinating with other members of the CMG Research team
- Assist the team in increasing customer loyalty by delivering quality and timely services and products
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner with the proven and consistent capability of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strict attention to and inspection of deliverables per team quality control protocol
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and exercise good judgment
- Maintain a high level of flexibility and adaptability, reacting to changes and delivering solid results with the appropriate level of urgency at all times
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications/media field or equivalent experience
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top