Market Insights Analyst | Cox Media Group
Responsible for providing stakeholders research consultation, implementation, backend analytics and interpretation of findings to make recommendations which meet advertiser and company objectives for print and digital offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides research consultation to support direct mail and digital consumer programs.
- Utilizes knowledge and direct marketing experience to design and formulate research related presentations, proposals and recommendations.
- Coordinates and manages analytical and processing instructions for advertisers and corporate research projects.
- Provides full service consultation and research-based support to all sales channels, sales support and stakeholders.
- Acquires basic knowledge of database management including client, third party and syndicated supplied data.
- As needed, performs custom research and provides related analytical and statistical support.
- Partners with functional area leaders to develop and implement print and digital product test plans.
- Monitors and analyzes online and other platform site activities and performance measurements such as traffic and enrollment.
- Provides stakeholders with print and digital competitive insights (i.e., pricing, product mix, distribution, etc.).
- Monitors market trends in the savings/coupon space and delivers recommendations for Company growth.
- Presents findings in formal settings to sales staff, management and advertisers.
- Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management, Statistics, Quantitative Methods or other related field and minimum of two years relevant quantitative marketing research experience, preferably in direct marketing or ad sales/media environment. Knowledge of major third party suppliers of syndicated data and services preferred, such as Nielsen (PRIZM segmentation and Scarborough), Simmons Research, MRI, Esri (ArcGIS), Omniture, WebTrends, and comScore.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• High degree of comfort with mathematical analyses
• Ability to interface with sales channels, advertisers and all levels of management
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Access, Excel and PowerPoint
• Flexible, with the ability to manage concurrent projects
Back to top