This position manages all vehicle reconditioning operations/shops placing emphasis on the highest quality standards in preparing vehicles for remarketing, maximizing efficiencies and profitability for Manheim reconditioning operation. In addition, the position manages all reconditioning employees and processes to ensure all customer commitments and expectations for quality, completion and pricing for services are met. This position may have direct, daily management responsibility for at least one of Manheim reconditioning shops (Mechanical, Detail or Body) along with the other overall recon management responsibilities listed.
- Manage activities of all recon employees to ensure all reconditioning services and processes utilized meet Manheim’s and the customer’s guidelines, specifications and requirements
- Determine and oversee allocation and scheduling of staffing levels to meet all customer quality and completion commitments as well as maximization of recon operations profitability Oversees the quality control of vehicles as established by Manheim standards
- Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results and problems with location and market leadership teams, in partnership with home office reconditioning leadership
- Establish and communicate production goals and work schedule assignments in a reasonable and timely manner.
- Measure process efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Manage the purchase and maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies for all recon shops. Control the use and consumption of supplies utilized in the recon shops
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing all required safety procedures and complying with all OSHA, EPA and State or local safety and compliance regulations
- Maintain and develop reconditioning shops staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees Counsel and disciplines employees as necessary; plans, monitors, and evaluates job performance by conducting performance appraisals
- Ensure shops adhere to and maintain Manheim defined standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required 3-5 years’ experience in reconditioning or lot operations required
- Experience in the Automobile or Auction Industry a must
- Strong communication and interaction skills required Competent management and excellent organizational skills required
- Valid driver’s License and good driving record required
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with focus on operations Effective management, leadership, and organizational skills Knowledge of reconditioning operations, P&L and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment ASE certification automotive body repair or reconditioning preferred.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc). Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Fontana-10700 Beech Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top