Local Sales Manager I - Cox Media
The Local Sales Manager, Cox Media leads a field sales team that sells marketing solutions to Cox Media customers within their local market. Coordinates the prospecting, sale, service and account assignment of clients. Primary objective is to meet or exceed revenue goals through a team-based, consultative approach to sales.
Works in office setting most of the time but must also drive personal vehicle locally; occasional overnight travel is required. Part of a budget-driven, sales organization with pressure to meet ambitious sales goals. Rapidly changing, fast-paced environment that requires facilitation with multiple internal partners.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Hires, develops, and manages the performance of a consultative, collaborative sales team that mirrors the market’s diverse client base. [Sales supervision]
- Manages account assignments and sales leads across a variety of media sales channels in order to maximize market share and revenue. Ensures consistent adherence to standardized sales processes. [Sales management]
- Reviews sales proposals in advance to ensure that clients receive the appropriate products, services and rates based on their current and/or potential spending, and the appropriate marketing solutions to meet their business needs. [Proposal review]
- Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts, develop multi-product marketing solutions, and communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes, and standards. [Coordinates sales efforts]
- Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Media departments including the Media Solutions Center, the Campaign Fulfillment Center, Research, Marketing, Sales Support and Production. [Internal relationships]
- Attends and facilitates training and associated workshops to increase own and sales team’s product, marketing, and sales skill and knowledge, and to stay abreast of Company and competitive products and pricing. [Training and development]
- Participates in other internal meetings regarding implementation of new products, solve problems, and work on projects. [Meeting participation and facilitation]
- Manages inventory, pricing, packaging, and sales incentives in order to meet budget requirements. [Incentives]
- Facilitates account-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of team’s account lists. Assigns accounts with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential. Maintains ongoing coordination with MSC to monitor lead and demand generation activity. [Account strategy]
- Analyzes local business trends, market and competitive activity, and sales results to develop strategies for achieving team and market budget expectations. [Team/market strategy]
- Develops and maintains relationship with key clients and attends sales calls, as appropriate. [Client relationships]
- Forecasts and projects business accurately on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop Cox’s presence, e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
- 3 or more years of experience required in related field (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
- 1 year sales, business development or sales consultation in a sales environment
- 1 year leadership experience in a work or non-work setting
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 2 years experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting
- AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AL-Mobile-1201 Montlimar Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top