Lead Software Engineer
Description:Lead Software Engineer
Position Summary: We are looking for a motivatedindividual with zest for learning and passion for technology to be part of ourEngineering team. If you’ve got that spark and want to be a part of a dynamicteam building something great, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Followbest practices for design, development and software release
- Enthusiastic,passionate, contributing Agile Scrum Team member
- Excellentoral and written communication skills
- Decisionsmay have moderate influence on project schedules, relationships, and/orexpenditures.
TheLead Software Engineer provides a leadership role on the software developmentteam, leveraging his or her advanced technical skills and management abilities.
Technicalskills include: Analysis of business requirements; architecture anddesign of software systems; coding; automation; unit and system testing;versatility with multiple technologies; ability to quickly learn and use newtechnologies; integration of disparate technologies; troubleshooting ofdifficult problems; expertise with the software lifecycle; scoping and estimationof projects; and writing of technical documentation.
Managementskills include: Coordination of other team members; communicationwith technical management and other departments; reporting of status and risks;and working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Works under minimal supervision; provided withassignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Can be relied on to meet deadlines with high qualitydeliverables. May have some prior leadership experience.
- 6+ years of .NET Development using VS 2010 + using .net 3.5 and up.
- Device/Browser agnostic responsive design experience
- Object oriented programming and design patterns knowledge
- Strong RDBMS background – Oracle/ SQL Server. Oracle 11g + preferred
- Knowledge and or experience using NHibernate or other ORMs / Micro ORMs
- Knowledge and or work experience with Unit testing frameworks and TDD/BDD
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection – Autofac or Castle Windsor or comparable libraries.
- GIT/ TFS experience
- Knowledge and or Experience working in Scrum team
- Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- AWS Cloud knowledge
- Deployment Automation
- JIRA, Rally, Jenkins
- Software Design and documentation skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn quickly and apply new skills.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Mississauga-2700 Matheson Blvd E
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top